Decorate your very own Fitzmas Tree.
Since I had some time on my hands (I don’t sleep much) I spent a few hours perusing that pathetic personals site I linked to the other day. Very, very funny stuff.
2-0-5, the latest from the JibJab boys.
Morford: Xmas cards from famous people.
Play! Ten Pin Bowling.
Here’s an educational model of rat guts you can buy.
Trivia hint from yesterday: Although she had nothing to do with the quote, one of the actors in the film was Parker Posey.
- Layla (Eric Clapton, live)
- Handle With Care (Traveling Wilburys)
- Romance In Durango (Bob Dylan, live)
- Timber I'm Falling In Love (Patty Loveless)
- Caballo Diablo (Charlie Daniel's Band, prior to his descent into wingnutville)
- Spirit In The Night (Bruce Springsteen)
- Rocky Mountain Way (Joe Walsh)
- Home By Another Way (James Taylor)
- Love Field (Elvis Costello)
- I'm Down To My Last Cigarette (k.d. lang)
In James Taylor’s song “Home By Another Way” (#8), from the album “Never Die Young”, he uses the phrase “lead-pipe cinch”, and it has always bugged me what this means. I finally got around to looking into it. It still makes no sense.