The Ugly Truth, by Cenk Uygar.
Timewaster of the Week: Chuck Norris facts.
Trying to cancel AOL. I went through this a few years ago with the boy’s account.
New Orleans’ Mayor Ray Nagin, on the radio. Gore used some of this dialog in his movie and it was very powerful. I posted this here last August, but here’s the whole thing again.
Fifteen year old Ava’s latest. I hear there’s an open cell in the Hague, Mr. pResident.
Movie Rating: Coogan’s Bluff (1968)
Clint plays an Arizona sheriff who ventures into the strange world of the the Big Apple to collect a prisoner. A country boy in the big city; never saw a plot like that before. Anyway, I’ve never been a fan of Arnold or Sly, but I can’t think of a single Eastwood movie, up until now, that I didn’t thoroughly enjoy. This one was simply painful. 2.0 starfish out of 5. (As an aside, checking his filmography, this was the only one of his movies I’d never seen. That kind of surprised me.)
- Truck Stop Girl (Little Feat)
- Serenade (Steve Miller Band)
- Shinin' Brightly (Bob Seger)
- Tougher Than The Rest (Bruce Springsteen)
- She's A Rainbow (Rolling Stones)
- Ghost Town (Cat Stevens)
- Mexico (James Taylor)
- Brown Eyed Girl (Van Morrison)
- Dangerous Man (Dwight Yoakum)
- Ring of Fire (Johnny Cash)