Like nearly any other topic he tackles, Jon Stewart nails the health care debate. And eats baconaise on camera (sort of).
The Schmidt Pain Index rates the relative pain of being bitten by a stinging insect. On a scale of one to four the fire ant comes in at a lowly 1.2. Rating a 4.0, and the worst known insect sting, is from the Nicaraguan bullet ant, which has been described as “fire-walking over flaming charcoal with a three-inch rusty nail in your heel”.
Geek Stuff: Web nerd terminology explained.
Cool Site of the Week: Lunch bag art (thanks Ellen).
- Mystery Woman (Allman Brothers)
- Walkin' and Talkin' (Marshall Tucker Band)
- State of Grace (Billy Joel)
- Complicated Shadows (Elvis Costello)
- Ain't That Pretty at All (Warren Zevon)