I was reading some comments on Krugman’s Severe Conservative Syndrome column I linked to yesterday, and this one nails it (from SK in Cambridge MA):
To solve any problem, follow this procedure:
1. Cut taxes.
2. If the problem remains, privatize.
3. If the problem remains, deregulate.
4. If the problem remains, start a war.
5. If the problem remains, pray harder.
6. If the problem remains, blame it on liberalism.
7. Get re-elected and go back to step 1.
Stuff you should know: How to increase the life of your disposable razor, survive quicksand, make your teeth whiter, remove stripped screws, escape from a buried coffin and other useful things.
- I Loved You Yesterday (Lyle Lovett)
- You Are My Sunshine (Johnny Cash)
- It Ain't Over Yet (Allman Brothers Band)
- Honkey Cat (Elton John)
- Pay it Back (Elvis Costello)